Ivy Link was founded on the premise that knowledge and access are key ingredients to success, and we firmly believe that knowledge and access should be made available to high-achieving students who do not have the means to be competitive.
Each semester, Ivy Link offers a number of scholarships for our varied services to qualifying students who have demonstrated financial need. Many of our consultants and instructors came from modest backgrounds and understand the challenges faced by high-achieving students without the proper knowledge or access. We are eager to assist such students.
Eligibility for Ivy Link scholarships is determined based on the criteria listed below. While we use the criteria as primary means to assess a candidate’s eligibility, we also examine each candidate on a case-by-case basis taking into consideration other extraordinary circumstances.
- Need. Scholarships are reserved for candidates who do not otherwise have access to Ivy Link services. Typically, need is demonstrated by financial limitations but may also include other circumstances such as coming from traditionally disadvantaged backgrounds or being first-generation college students.
- Achievement. Eligible candidates must demonstrate a history of excellence and achievement in an academic and/or professional setting. Specifically, we look at grades, coursework, rankings, honors, examples of leadership and responsibility, and other specific accomplishments.
- Motivation. We determine a candidate’s eligibility based on his/her motivation to be successful and to make an impact on the world. Motivation takes many forms, and candidates eligible for our scholarships must be able articulate examples of his or her motivation.
- A cover letter explaining why you would benefit from an IvyLink counseling scholarship
- All official academic transcripts
- All ACT, PSAT, SAT, SAT Subject Test, and AP scores
- A list with a brief description of awards, honors, and achievements
- A list with a brief description of extracurricular activities, internships and part-time jobs that includes your position or involvement in each
- Any other materials that demonstrate your attributes, passions and skills (such as art, writing and music)
- Records of scholarships and financial aid received if you are enrolled at a non-public high school
- Parents’ tax return(s) from the most recent calendar year
- College admission goals with a list of desired schools
- How you first heard of IvyLink
Materials may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org